Rules & Safety
Rules And Safety
- Have Fun and Be Safe.
- Participants must follow rules and respect instruction given by race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and obstacles they choose.
- This is a fun run so help your neighbor if he or she needs help
- Entrants may not go through obstacle more than once per loop
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, in-line skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are prohibited.
- Several videographers and photographers will be stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Runners must dress appropriately as this is a family friendly event. Remember that clothes and shoes will get very dirty.
- No spikes
- Shoes are mandatory for the full race.
- No flip-flops, sandals, high heels. All shoes must lace up securely.
- Earrings, necklaces, jewelry or any other sharp objects are greatly discouraged.
- Drunkenness, obnoxious behavior, fighting, or any other unruly behavior will result in dismissal from the event.
- Have Fun and Be Safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring on race day?
Yourself, a very positive attitude, and your race packet (which you picked up at The Green Bean). If you have not yet picked up your race packet, you can get it at the race site, Center City Park (corner of Friendly Ave. and Davie St. in downtown Greensboro).
What should I wear?
Your Biscuitville Bowl t-shirt, old clothes and old shoes. YOU WILL GET MESSY. Keep in mind that flour, corn starch, cooking oil and tea (it stains) will be on your clothes and body at the end of the race. This is a biscuit themed obstacle course – dress for mess not for fashion. For your convenience a cleanup station with a hose will be provided.
When does registration close?
Pre-registration ends on Sunday, April 6th at 10:00pm. There is day-of-race registration for individual runners.
How should I train for the race
Train for a 5K race, high knees through a grid of tires, crawling on your elbows under 1 foot flags and climbing a 12 foot scaled wall with ropes and climbing holds. Or just eat some biscuits and hope for the best.
What kind of obstacles should I expect?
Army crawl, high knees through tires, slip ‘n slide, a climbing wall and running through flour
Can I skip an obstacle?
No! But you can build a team and then only have to do one obstacle yourself.
Do I have to eat any biscuits?
No, you don’t HAVE to eat biscuits, although runners will be given complimentary biscuits after the race.
What could I win?
The top 3 winners in both Teams and Men & Women Individual Races will get trophies and prizes. Everyone will get a t-shirt, a race bag, a biscuit and great memories!
Can I dress up?
Yes! We encourage dressing with spirit. Actually, we will have a prize for best dressed!
Can I register on the day of the race?
Only individual registrations. No teams can register on race day.
Are there refunds available?
No. Registration is nonrefundable.
Can I transfer my ticket to a friend?
Yes. You can switch registration information on the day of the race.
What if I don’t have a team?
You can run the race solo.
Can I drink alcohol at the race?
Are you kidding?? NO! There will be a zero tolerance alcohol policy at the race.
Can I bring my pet to the race?
Tragically, no. We will not allow pets at Center City Park during the race.
Where and when is packet pick-up?
At The Green Bean (341 South Elm Street) on Friday, April 12 from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm.
Who can participate?
The race is open to anyone over the age of 12 with parental consent
What if I miss my heat?
Notify the the Scorer’s Table immediately if you miss your heat start time. Efforts will be made to adjust your start time if possible within the event timing window.
What if one of my teammates does not show up?
Teams should work to fill all 4 of their team spots. If a Team does not have 4 members prior to the start of the race, they must notify the Scorer’s table. The Scorer’s table will provide the Team guidance on what to do.
What if it rains?
The race will take place RAIN or SHINE!